Wednesday, March 10, 2010

RSV

Little Paxton got diagnosed with RSV this afternoon. I am so bummed. The good news is he isn't sick enough to be in the hospital, the bad news is that could change within a matter of hours. The doctor said that if his breathing gets any worse, it's best to take him to the hospital where he can be monitored around the clock. For those of you who don't know, RSV is a respiratory illness that infects the lungs, making it extremely difficult to breathe. The doctor sent me home with a nebulizer and albuterol to start breathing treatments, hopefully those help. RSV generally lasts seven to fourteen days.... I am hoping for just seven.

Here is Paxton getting a breathing treatment.

3 comments:

Candace said...

Oh Char, I hope he gets better asap!! Poor baby!! And I hope your other two boys are feeling better too. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Mackenzie said...

Here's to everyone feeling lots better VERY soon. :)

To Love said...

Poor wittle baby. Poor, mama, too.